Sunday, February 06, 2005

Carnaval Parade

When I woke up, it was raining again! It’s crazy...it hadn’t rained the entire time we’ve been here until yesterday for a few minutes. I have a long day of laundry ahead of me since we’re going to Madrid tomorrow for a few days.

I did some laundry and hung it up to dry. While that was happening, Mike, Scott S., Ryan, and I went to Park Industrial because one of our professors had talked about it in class. It wasn’t super exciting, but I took some pictures and we played on a big sculpture of a dragon for a little bit.

We could hear someone talking on a microphone in a square next to the Metro stop we got off at, so we headed in the direction of the sound. Turned out that there was going to be a parade going on for Carnaval. Carnaval is kind of like a Mardi Gras/Halloween for Barcelona. People dress up silly and have parties and parades and stuff. We stayed in that area and watched a lot of the parade. It started to get cold, so we headed back to the apartment and got together to watch some comedy. Then I packed a little bit for Madrid and went to bed. I had to get up a little earlier than I wanted in order to finish packing my clothes that wouldn’t be dry until morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home