Saturday, February 05, 2005

Breakfast, Lola Mae, Museu, Eternal Sunshine

I woke up, got ready, and went to the girls’ apartment because they invited us over for breakfast. It was great. They cooked eggs, pancakes, crepes, and there was fruit and coffee and everything! It was some good eating.

Afterward, we made our way to the couches to vege for a while. We turned on the TV and watched some music videos. During that time, I got a call from my parents, so I went to another room to talk. It was good to hear their voices again. Well, my mom was sick and lost her voice, but I could still talk to her and know that she was on the other side of the conversation. I made her laugh, and that was nice.

They gave me some sad news though. It turns out that one of the older ladies at my church, Lola Mae, had passed away. This hit me really hard. She was an awesome person and every time I saw her at church I would give her a hug. It got to the point where she looked forward to my hugs on the Sundays I was home. The Sunday before I left I had made an effort to go up to my dad’s sunday school classroom and say goodbye to them since I wouldn’t be home for a semester. And on of the things I did was give Lola Mae a hug. I didn’t know that it was going to be the last one I’d give her...

I don’t know why it hit me so hard when I heard that she had died, but I think it’s because I’ve never really had anyone close to me die. And it’s even worse that I’m so far away. I will miss her, but I know where she is now so that makes things easier. May God bless her and her family.

On a lighter note, I went to a museum in the afternoon. It turns out that the Museu Marítim is free after 3pm on the first Saturday of the month. So I went with Dave, Ryan, and Jennifer. Mike and Scott S. had gone a little before us also. It was a really neat museum. It went through the history of Barcelona as a port city. There were a lot of models of ships and that was cool. We spent a few hours in the museum and then came back to the apartment. The girls came over later and we watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I hadn’t seen it yet, and it was really good.

Then it was bedtime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home